13 October 2011

we're gonna party like it's 1998... or are we?

Image from youcantgettherefromhere-theresa.blogspot.com
on a recent catch-up with a uni friend we decided (a few pints in I might add!) that organising a reunion would be a really great idea...


in 2014 it will be a whole decade since our class graduated!  what a mile stone!  10 years...  10 years folks!!!  by then I will be in my mid thirties...  to be totally honest, I'm not really digging this being 30 thing, so being in my mid thirties is surely not going to be any better???


I know, we'll all be 10 years older by then...  but this doesn't offer me any comfort...  but I best not get distracted from the topic at hand...  I am very easily distracted ;)


yes, so, the reunion...  having already discussed the concept over the first few drinks we then set about desperately trying to recall the names of all 70 odd of us who started in first year.  ...plus all the folk who joined the class over the five long years we were at uni.  


at this point a bit of background may be useful to the story...  architecture school is a special place...  I'm not sure if our class was the exception or the rule.  folk dropped out of our first year at an alarming rate, add in a few who didn't make it to second year with us & in 12 months we had gone from a class of 70 odd to 30 odd...  quite the kill rate, I'm sure you'll agree ;)  we then spent the next 4 years picking up strays from other years or losing them to other career paths or other countries...


so, back to the early onset of senile dementia for both me & the head (an affectionate nickname my friend picked up during those now fuzzy days of youth!)...


now I am armed with a half completed list of names & substantially fewer contact details...  I think I may have to go back to facebook & start friending everyone...  in an attempt to save us some work I contacted the architecture school, but unfortunately they have no information on file from that far back...  next stop the alumni office to see if they can help...


but the big question, the question we maybe should have considered before we spent a whole evening racking our brains for names from the past, is whether anyone will actually want to come?


watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment